Best cafe in Vancouver April 30, 2013
Okay, this one was hard for me to decide. However, so far I have to say that Thiery (I will post their link at the end of my review) meets MY demands.
For a while I was trying to find that one place where I’d like to bring my friends, or even go have something sweet on my own. I am so over those overcrowded Starbucks, Tim’s, and Waves – there are everywhere and their food taste almost the same to me! That doesn’t mean that I don’t find them good; I just wanted to find something new and different.
I was Googling ‘macarons’ the very tasty French cookies (I actually created my own recipe in case someone wants to try them out) and I came across Thierry place, which is 5 minutes walk from the Burrard Station.
I can call myself their regular customer since I do buy their cakes for birthdays, macarons and various pastries.
So….. I got this so far:
- daily freshly baked goods
- relatively affordable for what you are getting
- macarons are awesome and on good deals
- great hours
- cake order on Large and X-Large cakes is only 48 hours!
- always crowded
- their customer service could be far better
- their Large cake ‘Chocolate Marquise’ is much smaller compared to other cakes of that size
- their macaron feeling is always buttercream!
- their most popular macarons and cakes always run low 😦
so far I’d give them 4.5/5!
My fav macarons : lychee, vanilla, and lemon
My fav cakes : black forest, chocolate trio, and chocolate marquise
Check them out!!!
Credits Go To….. May 6, 2011
Goldschneider, Gary. Everyday Astrology. Philadelphia, 2009.
Hyde, Stella. Darkside Zodiac. Boston, 2004.
Little Giant Encyclopedia. The Zodiac. New York, 1997.
….AND my beautiful brain! XD
Each sun sign hangs around street corners with one of four elements:
Fire(Aries, Leo, Sagittarios-Brightsiders say impulsive! Darksiders say reckless!),
Earth(Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn-Brightsiders say solid! Darksiders say pig-headed fusspot!),
Air(Gemini, Libra, Aquarius-Brightsiders say intellectual! Darksiders say free floating airheads!), or
Water(Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces-Brightsiders say nurturing! Darksiders say moody whiner!).
Plus, there are three sorts of qualities:
Cardinal(Aries ,Cancer, Libra, Capricorn-bossy; this is the quality that initiates disasters.
Fixed(Taurus, Leo, Scorpio, Aquarius-stubborn; this is the quality that never deviates.
Mutable(Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, Pisces-fickle; this is the quality that ensures chaos and mess.
The qualities combine with the elements so that no single sign is exactly the same. This means we are all insufferable in our own special way. Each sign is also masculine or feminine. It’s nothing personal; think of it as positive/negative.
So now you are probably asking yourself how does all this affect you? Well, read on and weep
Pisces-The Fishes(February 19-March 20) May 5, 2011
Pisces is a feminine, mutable Water sign ruled by Neptune. It is the twelfth sign on the zodiac wheel, directly opposite Virgo, and is named for cosntellation Pisces (the fishes). On the darkside, this makes you a slippery, manipulative, unreliable reality-dodger with delusions of adequacy and an addiction to sentimentality and self-destruction.
– Personality – *confused, chaotic, contradictory* Anyone who has strong Pisces influences is a person who has perhaps the most extreme choices of any zodiac sign. Pisces can accept the challanges of life and rise to the top, or can give in to the easy way of oblivion and sink to the bottom. This choice is symbolized by the two fishes. To help him or her swim to the top, the Pisces must find peace through beauty, music, and harmony. The Pisces needs work which will enable him or her to achieve this. More than any other sign, Pisces has many talents which may be used to develop their character. Many work hard to improve the lot of humanity. Others bring their talents to films and entertainment, envlivening the lives of thousands. Pisces needs to turn his or her private, mystical dream world of love and compassion into a reality. The only other option for Pisces is a life of illusion and, ultimately, a sense of failure.
Pisces Postive Characteristics:
- understanding of others
- loving and cariing
Pisces Negative Characteristics:
- tends to blame self for everything
- too emotionally involved with the problems of others
- can loose touch with reality
Ruling Planet and its effect. Jupiter and Neptune rule the zodiac sign of Pisces, so anyone whose birth chart has a strong Pisces influence will tend to bring benefit to others through their sensitivity. In Astrology, Jupiter is the planet of expansions, optimism, and geneorosity. Neptune is the lanet of dreams, sensitivity, the unconscious, and the wolrd of unreality.
Sex With Pisces. When a typical Pisces makes love it is an act of romance rather than of carnal pleasure. Typical Pisces is less interested in sexual activity than in the expressions of love that come before and afterward. Pisces energy is more often used up in the emotional experiences of love than in the sexual act. This does not mean Pisces is not interested, indeed he or she may seek several partners, but this is for reassurance rather than personal pleasure. Pisces can be the least prejudiced and most compassionate of all zodiac signs. Pisces will show a deep and real love for a partner who has problems or physical abnormalities, or who has to face a tragedy or business disaster. Sex will be one pf the expressios of love given by a caring and devoted Pisces sposuse.
Relationships. The person who contemplates becoming the marriage or business partner of a typical Pisces must realize that Pisces will expect to be supported – emotionally or financially. Given this, the person who partners Pisces can expect loyalty and sensitive understanding. Pisces man as a partner- He will want a partner who will work for him: someone to run the household efficiently and who will entertain his friends and business colleagues. In return, the married Pisces will bring great joy to a household with his wonderful imagination. Marriage gives male Pisces more self-assurance, so he will become more decisive. Potential business partners should be prepared to undertake the practical, administrative side of the business, leaving the Pisces partner free to exercisee their creativity and understanding. Pisces woman as a partner– She will want a marriage partner who will support her in every respect. To many men, Pisces is the perfectly feminine woman. She may appear to be a helpless, fluffy person but, once married, she will feel secure, and her reserve of talents and abilities will pour out in every direction. In business, a Pisces woman will be best in creative positions and in public relations, but should not be expected to do the routine office jobs.
Leisure Activities. Most typical Pisces love artistic pursuits and anything that has an element of mystery, fantasy, and imagination. Pisces love films,theatres, travelling, and mythical creatures.
Pisces Likes + GIFT IDEAS AND TIPS +
- seafood, organic food and champaigne
- being loved
- new books
- people who need their understanding
- background music, poetry
- romantic places
Pisces Dislikes –
- bright, noisy, crowded places
- dirty, ugly objects
- stiff clothing
- being told to get a grip on things
Pisces at rest. A relaxed Pisces is the happiest person on earth. A chance to lie back, sip wine, listen to music and let the imagination wander is perfect bliss to Pisces.
- Adolf Eichmann- March 19, 1906- Hitler worshiper, and architect of the Final Solution, the Nazi plan to exterminate all Jewish people in Europe.
- L. Ron Hubbard- March 13, 1911- Successful writer.
- Lou Reed- March 2, 1943- Survivor and musiciaan.
- Kurt Cobain- February 20, 1967- Hypersensitive Nirvana frontman who lost himself in gloom, grunge, and sickness, despite being an object of adoration.
Aquarius is a masculine, fixed Air sign ruled by Uranus. It is the eleventh sign on the zodiac wheel, directly opposite Leo, and is named for the constellation Aquarius (the water carrier). On the darkside, this makes you a chilly, detached, eccentric loner, with perverse voyeuristic habits and a shard of ice in your heart.
– Personality- *aloof, arrogant, alien* Inside anyone who has strong Aquarius influences is a person who is extremely uncertain of his or her true identity. The Aquarius ego is said to be the most precarious in the zodiac, probably because Aquarius is the sign of nonconformity. Intellectual genius, practical eccentricity and mental oddity are all linked with Aquarius. The typical Aquarius personality has a magnetic and powerful intellect. Putting this to good, practical use is the best way for Aquarius to build an identifiable ego. Aquarius tend to be very modern, forward-looking individuals who are not only unusual themselves but can accept this quality in others.
Aquarius Positive Characteristics:
- loyal friendship
- strong belief in humane reforms
- intense interest in people
- independence of thought and action
Aquarius Negative Characterstics:
- unwilling to share ideas
- tactless and rude
- voyeuristic curiosity about people
- lack of confidence
Ruling Planet and its effect. Uranus and Saturn both rule the zodiac sign of Aquarius, so anyone whose birth chart has a strongly developed Aquarius influence will tend to have original, unexpected ideas. In Astrology, Uranus is the planet of the unusual and the unexpected, and Saturn is the planet of applied wisdom and forward planning.
Sex With Aquarius. When a typical Aquarius makes love it is more of intellectual experience than an emotional one. He or she will be most assiduous about hygiene and contraception. Aquarius is likely to do a lot of self-searching, but may not find it easy to listen to the partner’s emotional problems. Aquarius partners often have verbal quarrels which seem to take the place of physical contact. Affairs do not seem to bother Aquarius, and they are rarely jealous. Many Aquarius make much better friends than lovers. Sometimes, Aquarius can be rather modest about sex – even prudish.
Relationships. The person who contemplates becoming the marriage or business partner of a typical Aquarius must realize that Aquarius will need to have unlimited freedom. Aquarius will also want to dominate the partnership in order to ensure his or her interests in the wider world are not restricted. Given this, the person who partners Aquarius can expect loyalty, a fair share of the work, and never to have the business taken away from them. Although, Aquarius has no great driving ambition, the typical aquarius has a very fiine mind (one of the best in the zodiac) and can be an asset to any venture. If fame comes their way, the Aquarius partner will happily lap it up. Aquarius man as a partner- He will want a partner who rrecognizes the ideas and inventiveness that he can bring to the business and who allow him the freedom to introduce new concepts. Business partners contemplating asking an Aquarius to join them should first ensure that he has enough knowledge about the business. Aquarius man wants a marriage partner who will run the home and children and be loyal, lifelong friend. He wants a woman who is capable of looking after herslef and who will not need to lean on him. A woman who wants a good income from a steady breadwinner should look elsewhere. Aquarius woman as a partner- So long as she is left to circulate freely among many friends and pursue her dozens of outside interests, Aquarius woman will be a faithful partner. Althouth she can be tender and caring, she inhabits a world of ideas. She needs a partner who recognizes her brilliant mind. In business or marriage, Aquarius woman will be concerned that her partner is recognized for his intellectual achievements; she is far less interested in makiing money. She will enjoy physical closeness, but will also be happy with long periods when the relationship remains relatively platonic.
Leisure Activities. On the whole, Aquarius will pursue the following: radical arts and theatre, music, witty comedy, gliding, and a lot more.
Aquarius Likes + GIFT IDEAS AND TIPS +
- fame or recognition
- credit cards
- telling others what needs to be done
- living within their means
- changes and surprises
- thinking about self
- emotion and intimacy
- people who show off
- violence and fighting
- being taken for grante
Aquarius At Rest. Any opportunity to lie in a hammock in the garden and dream the day away is wonderful for Aquarius’s well-being.
- Lord George Byron- January 22, 1788- Eccentric British poet; died fighting in the Greek War of Independence.
- Eva Braun- February 6, 1912- Hitler’s mistress, she chose to spend most of her time alone in Hitler’s isolated alpine retreat.
- James Dean- February 8, 1931- Achingly cool. moody screen supericon, died at age of 24.
- David Lynch- January 20, 1946- Mysterious, eccentric independent film-maker and artist.
Capricorn is a feminine, cardinal Earth sign ruled by Saturn. It is the tenth sign on the zodiac wheel, directly opposite Cancer, and is named for the constellation Capricorn (the goat). On the darkside, this makes you a cold, cruel, petty-minded slave driver with unsuspected yet unquenchable ambition and an addiction to tightfisted penny-pinching.
– Personality- * petty, parsimonious, pessimistic * Inside anyone who has strong Capricorn influences is a person who worries about security – physical, social, and emotional. A typical Capricorn cannot bear to be embarrassed in public. Sometimes, Capricorn longs to let go a little and to allow themselves to join in the fun – let their toes tap in time with the music. But usually a sense of duty and a terrible fear of looking foolish stop them from acting out their desires. Capricorn is also a secret romantic who wants a perfect and secure love in his or her life. Being the best friend of a Capricorn can be a heavy task, and not always a pleasant one. On the positive side, Capricorns treat their friends very well and, in some cases, even prefer they company to that of anyone else.
Capricorn Positive Characteristics:
- cautious and realistic
- loyal to tradition
- respects authority
- has high but realistic standards
- hard working
Capricorn Negative Characteristics:
- status seeking
- a perfectionist who is never satisfied
- anxious, allows inner fears to dominate descicions
Ruling Planet and its effect. Saturn rules the zodiac sign of Capricorn, so anyone whose birth chart has a strong Capricorn influence will tend to take life seriously. In Astrology, Saturn is the planet of fate, time, sorrow, caution, and wisdom.
Sex With Capricorn. When a typical, mature Capricorn makes love, it is lovemaking at its very best: to Capricorn there is no separation between love and sex. Capricorns know by instinct when they have found the right partner for this immensely important ritual. For some people, sex is a release, the satisfying of one of the basic needs in life, but Capricorns want to reach a state of total satisfaction, not only for themselves but also for their partners. Capricorns love frequent sex, as long as it is with someone they really care for and see future possibilities with.
Relationships. The person who contemplates becoming a marriage or bussines partner of a Capricorn must realize that Capricorn will take over the organization of the partner’s working life. Given this, the person who partners Capricorn can expect stability, security, and success. Things are likely to develop quickly on the physical plane with Capricorn first dates. If the sexual chemistry is right for both of you, touching, kissing, and perhaps going further may be inevitable. Capricorn man as a partner- He will want a partner who can help him to achieve his ambitions. He will want to organize the business and will expect absolute loyalty and a disciplned routine. He may assume that the partner is dependent on him. Capricorn woman as a partner- She seeks a partner who has a good, secure position in life already. She is more likely to make a bad choice of partner than the male Capricorn, but she will soon realize her mistake. In business, Capricorn womed do not often choose other women as partners. If the partner, in marriage or business, is lost through death or similar misfortune, Capricorns of both sexes find it hard to replace the partner and will tend to withdraw into themselves.
Leisure Activities. Most typical Capricorns are not much interested in team sports. They will work hard at a hobby and want to make a success of it. Whatever they choose to do, it must be respectable and increase their chances of being admired or honored.
Capricorn Likes + GIFT IDEAS AND TIPS +
- sexual love
- duties and responsibilities
- new books
- expensive gemstones
- home and family
- personalized gifts
Capricorn Dislikes –
- new ideas
- being made to feel useless
- being teased
Capricorn at rest. A typical Capricorn likes to be doing something, even when relaxing. Many are to be found doing needlework or knitting while watching television.
- Edgar Allan Poe- January 19, 1809- American Gothic writer and Darkside aficionado, addicted to the thrill and pain, torture, decadence, sickness, premature burial, and ravens. Also invented a detective story.
- Hermann Goering- January 12, 1893- Nazi. As early as 1933 he has invented the Gestapo and set up concentration camps to contain people who did not fit Nazi ideal.
- J. Edgar Hoover- January 1, 1895- Director of the FBI, father of the G-Men, and relentless with-hunter of pinkos, deviants, and civil rights activists.
- Charles Addams- January 7, 1912- Addamas grew up on Elm Street and as a boy liked visiting graveyards. Best known for his cartoon take on domestic life with the gothically undead Addams Family. He collected medieval crossbows.