Okay, this one was hard for me to decide. However, so far I have to say that Thiery (I will post their link at the end of my review) meets MY demands.
For a while I was trying to find that one place where I’d like to bring my friends, or even go have something sweet on my own. I am so over those overcrowded Starbucks, Tim’s, and Waves – there are everywhere and their food taste almost the same to me! That doesn’t mean that I don’t find them good; I just wanted to find something new and different.
I was Googling ‘macarons’ the very tasty French cookies (I actually created my own recipe in case someone wants to try them out) and I came across Thierry place, which is 5 minutes walk from the Burrard Station.
I can call myself their regular customer since I do buy their cakes for birthdays, macarons and various pastries.
So….. I got this so far:
- daily freshly baked goods
- relatively affordable for what you are getting
- macarons are awesome and on good deals
- great hours
- cake order on Large and X-Large cakes is only 48 hours!
- always crowded
- their customer service could be far better
- their Large cake ‘Chocolate Marquise’ is much smaller compared to other cakes of that size
- their macaron feeling is always buttercream!
- their most popular macarons and cakes always run low 😦
so far I’d give them 4.5/5!
My fav macarons : lychee, vanilla, and lemon
My fav cakes : black forest, chocolate trio, and chocolate marquise
Check them out!!!