Taurus is a feminine, fixed Earth sign ruled by Venus. It is the second sign on the zodiac wheel, directly opposite Scorpio, and is named for constellation Taurus (the bull). On the darkside, this makes you a stubborn, sybaritic, rut-bound and an insatiable love for money.
–Personality – *obdurate, opinionated, overpowering* Inside anyone who has strong Taurus influences is a person who takes the long-term view and proceeds slowly but surely, because Taurus is only interested in the very best of everything. Taurus’s view is that the best is worth waiting for. Taurus loves to luxuriate in sensual delights and desires secure material prosperity. The two secret fears of Taurus are of being disturbed or of being left wanting. Taurus will wait for anything, even to get angry. When Taureans do eventually have to express anger, it can be devastating and is so disturbing to themselves that it takes a while for them to recover both their composure and their self-esteem.
Taurus Positive Characteristics:
- careful and conservative outlook
- calm and patient
- values the talents of others
- very loving
- excellent cook
Taurus Negative Characteristics:
- easily embarrassed
- can be very stubborn
- tendency to be self-indulgent
Ruling Planet and its effect. Venus rules the zodiac sign Taurus, so anyone whose birth chart has a strong Taurus influence will tend to have a strong set of personal values. Venus is the planet of love, affection, values, and sensuality.
Sex with Taurus. When a typical Taurus makes love it is the most physical and natural pleasure in the whole world. Sex is never a power game for a Taurean; it is something very natural to be enjoyed. Taureans, especially females, are sometimes emberrassed about their bodies if they feel they are being criticized. On the whole, Taurus regards nudity as natural and wholesome. Also, Taurus tend to be very matter-of-fact and frank about sex. They are not at all shy about talking about it, or, for that matter, initiating it. Itis often truly carnal sex for its own sake that they are interested in, more or less satisfying their hunger for it as they would for food or sleep. Consequently, you may be less than satisfied with the lack of mystery or subtlety in their approach to the subject. Also, the act can be curiously impersonal, causing you to wonder if they really know; or even care, who you are. And yet, Taurus can be extremely affectionate.
Relationships. Taurus has a good sense of what clicks and what doesn’t, but they are unlikely to be overly demonstrative on the first date; they are usually careful not to give away what they think or feel in this respect. Often physically appealing, they will make a strong impression with their looks and voices, which can be seductive and well modulated. The person who contemplates becoming the marriage or business partner of a Taurus must realize that Taurus will expect absolute loyalty through thick and thin and will probably want to establish a routine way of doing things his or her way. Given this, the person who partners Taurus can expect honest devotion, a long-term relationship, and a partner who can keep his or her head in any emergency. Taurus man as a partner- He will want a partner who enjoys his way of doing things. The partner should be prepared to take the responsibility for good public relations while Taurus works quietly away ensuring the money and power come their way. The Taurean husband wants a marriage partner whom he can possess, body, soul and dowry. He needs a woman who enjoys physical love, since to Taurean there is no division between love, sex, and marriage. Taurus woman as a partner- She will want a partner who is attentive and appreciative. Common sense is essential in any partner of a Taurean. She, like her male counterpart, will look for a business partner who will bring prestige to the business. The Taurean wife wants to be given gifts and treated with gentleness. She doesn’t want to be patronized, but she does want her man to remember her birthday and other anniversaries. She needs a husband who will let her organize at least a part of his life and who will never give her cause for jeaoulsy.
Leisure Activities. Most typical Taurus pursue collecting things of value, singing and listening to music, gardening, painting, the quieter sports, and activities that give Taurus a chance to enjoy physical pleasure, such as horseback riding.
Taurus Likes + GIFT IDEAS AND TIPS +
- soft, sensual textures
- sensual pleasures
- a good bank balance
- gifts of value, attractively wrapped
- certainty and well-tried routines
- savoring the moments of pleasure at the table
- doing the same thing over and over
Taurus Dislikes –
- being disturbed
- lending things
- being told to hurry up
- sleeping in strange beds
Taurus At Rest. Extendig the metaphor of the fixed earth sign, Taurus at rest is totally relaxed and lazy. In fact, Taurus can rest with feet up in front of the television or listening to music for days and days. Tuareans usually sleep well and wake up slowly. Once they are on the go again, they can keep going for long periods without feeling tired.
- Genghis Khan- May 5, c.1162- The world dicators world dictator- Khan means universal ruler. Took over the Mongol horde and the age of 13, and slowly but surely built up an empire that stretched from the Black Sea to the Pacific. Died aged 70ish in his bed, with a nubile young friend.
- Karl Marx- May 5, 1818- Opinionated German philosopher who constructed an entire political theory around the idea of materialism. His greatest work, Das Kapital (all about money and the free-enterprise system), took him 30 years to produce and he was never finished.
- Adolf Hitler- April 20, 1889- Wins the Darkside Superstar prize: everyone’s choice for top world-class villian! The most hated and evil man in modern history – a coup of Bullkind! Although born on April 20(usually Aries), zodiacal differences led him to annex a neighbouring sign.
- Saddam Hussein- April 28, 1937- Successfully imposed his notions of how things should be done as president of Iraq’s one-party state from 1979, mainly by staffing the regime with family members. Famous for his innumerable palaces and the solid-gold taps in their innumerable bathrooms.